I know there’s a few in the community here that are looking forward to Sony’s Payday The Heist game. Good news is there is now a release date..for the PlayStation, PC is still yet to be announced.
Sony has today announced that their squad-based, first-person shooter PAYDAY The Heist has been given the launch date of October 18 for digital download on the PlayStation. Unfortunately though, still no date for the PC, but it cant be too far off now that the PlayStation has a date.
In PAYDAY The Heist, players will take on the role of a career criminal engaging in a number of heists looking for their next “big score.”. The game will be an online co-op shooter featuring six heists based on a variety of urban settings where each scenario you and your friends must the survive constant pursuit of law enforcement. Players must work together to accomplish strategic tasks such as guarding key positions, keeping civilians in check, and cracking through various security measures.
Below is the new Slaughter House trailer:
- Six High-Intensity Heists: Whether you’re blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter, or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action-packed heists will have players on edge and always checking their six.
- Interactive Co-op Gameplay: Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring in the “big score.” Sharing extra ammo and med kits, helping regenerate wounded partners, guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages, or cracking through various security measures — it’s all for one and one for all.
- Endless Replayability: Dynamic environments, adaptive enemy behavior,shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling through skylights on ropes, SWAT teams crashing through the windows, and special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes each play-through of every heist a unique fight.
- Massive Character Progression Tree: Players choose a specialty — assault, sharpshooter or support — to gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.
- Shout-Out Button: Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.
- Hostage Trading: Hostages can be used as lifelines. If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crew members back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.
- PlayStation®3 system or PC * : For keyboard and mouse marksman, as well as handheld controller snipers, PAYDAY is the uber-FPS for a high intensity shooter fix. *PC release date to be announced.
- More DLC: Additional heists, weapons and equipment means PAYDAY — a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game — is total OVERKILL.
We noticed that they have announced DLC at the end there. A lot of you know how we feel about DLC so I wont harp on about that, but seeing as the game is below a normal RRP game $19.99, I don’t mind it in this case as it allows you to buy more scenarios if you enjoy whats already int he game.
PAYDAY The Heist is scheduled to be available in North America on October 18 for $19.99 USD via digital download on the PlayStation®Network. Dates for release of PAYDAY The Heist on the PlayStation®Network for European territories, as well as for the PC in both North America and Europe have yet to be announced.