With all the talk of Dota 2 and Diablo III lets not forget about the immensely popular free to play League of Legends. I can just see the 15 million players jump for joy as the launch of the new capture and hold game mode for the battle arena game launches today.
The Dominion game mode is a new take on the MOBA genre, with faster action and tactical gameplay played on an all-new map, the Crystal Scar. President of Marc Merril from Riot Games had the following to say,
“With Dominion, we wanted to answer our players’ desire for innovation with a fast-paced, complementary experience to classic League of Legends, now that it’s available to all League of Legends players, it’s going to be amazing to watch them develop strategies and dominate on the Crystal Scar!”
League of Legends: Dominion features:
· Capture-and-hold gameplay: Summoners battle it out for control of five unique strategic targets, capturing points from the opposing team and defending them against enemy intrusion.
· An all-new map: The action in League of Legends: Dominion takes place in the Crystal Scar, a highly contested, war-torn mining village featuring stunning new art crafted specifically for the new map.
· Fast-paced action: League of Legends: Dominion is an accelerated version of classic League of Legends gameplay – matches last around 20 minutes, so gamers can enjoy a rapid-fire alternative to the more strategic, measured pace of Summoner’s Rift.
· Non-stop combat: From beginning to end, players will enjoy unrelenting skirmishes as they vie for control over the map – in League of Legends: Dominion, Summoners can expect an onslaught of one-on-one and small team fights.
· Down-to-the-wire victories: Matches of League of Legends: Dominion are competitive until the very end – late-game comebacks are possible and the outcome is always in question.
· Completely free: Like classic League of Legends, Dominion is completely free-to-play for new and veteran Summoners alike. Players will be able to use all their existing masteries, runes, champions and skins on
Might have to log back in and remind myself how bad I am at the game…
LEAGUE OF LEGEND DOMINion