We have mixed feelings for the Witcher 2 here. Its a great game but unfortunately it has a low halalability score due to some of the content. On the other hand CDProjekt was great in the way they handled their previous patch – the incident with the sajadaah- prayer mat in the game, making the game slightly more Muslim friendly. Well a new patch is incoming and we have the details below.
So it looks like not only are we getting bug fixes in this patch but we are also getting new content too. though still no word on Eyefinity, bad CDProjekt, BAD!
Arena is a new gameplay mode that is separate from the main adventure and narrative of The Witcher 2 will enable Geralt of Rivia to duel a variety of foes to the death in a gladiatorial arena located in an unnamed town somewhere in the Northern Kingdoms. In addition to winning gold and valuable items, players also receive points for their wins. They can then post their point totals on-line to compare their achievements against those of other blood sport enthusiasts around the world. It looks like you can fight both enemies and allies in the arena and even pay your allies to assist .
One of the weaker points of the game was the tutorial, or the lack of it I should say. While it was there, you definitely didn’t feel like you knew what was going on at the end of it. I still get people from the community asking on steam how to do certain things in game. The new tutorial will take the form of a brief adventure during in which you will learn how to use a range of game mechanics and play to save a wounded knight named Bolton of Ironford. Once you get to the end of the tutorial the game will recommend the difficulty level that you should play at, pretty cool.
Looks like there will also be a new Dark Mode. The ‘Dark’ difficulty setting will be the most hardest setting now with every enemy representing a significant challenge, not that it wasn’t hard already… In addition to raising the difficulty bar, the module includes several new sets of equipment/items that are linked through a dark legend detailed in the Journal. Once you have collected the set, there will be new set bonuses for you. The swords for example will strip opponents of their Vitality while increasing yours, but only on the condition that the set is complete, if it isn’t, it will actually take vitality away from you.
Sounds interesting and will definitely add some extra replay value to the game. Full patch details below.
• Numerous improvements have been made in the targeting system.
• Parrying is now unlimited (even when Vigor is completely depleted), though parries no longer cancel all damage (maximum 50% reduction once the relevant ability has been acquired).
• Responsiveness of game controls has been improved. This includes but is not limited to casting Signs, parrying, and attacking immediately after evading an opponent’s assault.
• Geralt’s attacks are no longer interrupted by attacking opponents. Attacks are now contiguous and foes cannot interrupt Geralt’s attacks by landing a blow.
• Assorted fixes now prevent opponents from incessantly attacking Geralt after he has been knocked down. Geralt can no longer be knocked down repeatedly in quick succession. Also, he rises quickly while evading subsequent attacks.
• Geralt no longer attacks opponents located behind other opponents positioned nearer to him.
• The target locking system has been improved. Preference is now given to previously highlighted targets.
• Target selection has been improved. Priority is now given to foes affected by a critical effect facilitating the completion of a finishing move.
• The additional two steps Geralt took after mounting an attack with the W, S, A or D key depressed have been eliminated.
• Attacks can now be continued even when a key controlling Geralt’s movement (e.g. W, S, A, D) is depressed.
• Attacks can now be continued if the attack key is depressed immediately after the final strike of an attack animation sequence.
• Geralt can now pivot 180 degrees immediately after completing an attack.
• Assorted problems with key responsiveness have been resolved. Keys no longer need to be depressed twice or more to trigger a given action.
• A distance attack problem has been resolved. Geralt now mounts distance attacks (lunge with sword in hand in the Fast style) when opponents were located at a suitable distance from him.
Other corrections and amendments:
• Casting several bombs no longer blocks further inputs.
• An option has been added to the configuration tool enabling aspect ratio to be set independently of resolution.
• The amount of disk space required for game patching has been reduced.
• The loading of selected Witcher 1 game saves no longer causes the game to crash.
• A greater number of monsters now appear in the cave leading to Loc Muinne.
• Improvements have been made in the manner in which monsters are spawned in the mist in Chapter 2.
• The visual effect accompanying Adrenaline use no longer disappears prematurely.
• Archers now draw their swords more quickly when Geralt approaches.
• Mages no longer automatically cast shield spells when Geralt casts daggers at them.
• The game is now paused when Geralt executes a finishing move in combat.
• The troll in Chapter 2 has been corrected. Previously, in some circumstances he could not be attacked.
• Physics on cast daggers have been improved.
• The site for aiming daggers is now more visible.
• Geralt’s animation when he dies while casting the Axii Sign has been corrected.
• An exploit in the fight against Letho has been eliminated. Previously, this foe could be killed by casting bombs in quick succession.
• An exploit related to the ‘Insane’ difficulty setting has been eliminated. Previously, game saves could be loaded with difficulty set to this level, which was contrary to design intentions.
• Camera positioning/operation has been corrected during the boss fight against the kayran.
• Camera control via gamepads has been improved.
• Assorted adjustments have been made in mutagen statistics.
• The ‘Junk’ filter in the Inventory has been adjusted to provide for correct item filtering.
• In the Inventory, the dialogue window warning of prohibited actions has been corrected.
• Assorted corrections have been introduced to the mini-map in Chapter 1.
• Audio balance throughout the game has been adjusted.
• Erratic character teleportation in mini–games has been eliminated.
• Assorted adjustments have been made in animations applying to nekkers.
• A minor bug in the “Scent of Incense” quest has been resolved.
• Numerous minor fixes have been introduced in character lip-sync throughout the game.
All of the fixes from previous patches are included in the version 2.0, along with all the DLCs released before.