Funcom the developer behind The Secret World has announced that on July 31st the first content update will go live. The updates called “Issues” will bring new missions, nightmare mode, marketplace and more.Funcom has committed to relasing new content or “Issues” monthly so the one on July 31st will be the first of more to come. Unleashed will feature
- Carter Unleashed: An action mission set at the Innsmouth Academy on Solomon Island, where the player gets to know more about the exceptionally gifted student Carter. Exploring the hallway below the academy, Carter will need help controlling her powers – before they get completely out of hand.
- Crime and Punishment: Bestselling horror author Sam Krieg came to Solomon Island to write his latest novel – but there’s more to it than that. Through this investigation, the player will dig into Krieg’s works and the mind of an obsessed fan to learn more about the dark and hidden history of Solomon Island.
- Hell & Bach: Daredevil reporter Daniel Bach is working on the story of all stories, his shot at finally winning a Pulitzer. For years, he’s been chasing the ghost of Theodore Wicker, only to end up trapped at the Overlook Motel outside Kingsmouth Town. But Wicker’s story doesn’t end here – nor did it start here. Following the bread crumbs back in time, the player will investigate the mystery of Wicker, and learn more about what brought him to the gates of hell…and beyond.
- Funeral Crasher: Eleanor Franklin only has her cats and her ghosts to keep her company at her mansion in Blue Mountain – and now the ghosts are getting restless. When the dead themselves are spooked, the living must pay heed.
- The 3rd Age: There have been Ages before ours, and the evidence lies beneath. In Egypt, the sand is thin, and the remnants of past Ages are beginning to spread their influence across the world. The Seven Sentinels hold the key to an investigation that begins in the present, and delves deep into the distant past.
- Red Handed: It wasn’t chance that brought Dr Varias to this distant part of the Carpathians at this particular point in time. Following in his father’s footsteps, Varias is attempting to unravel the mystery of the Red Hand. Why did they build a vast facility beneath this desolate region? What were they doing here? And how was Varias’ father involved? In this investigation, we answer some burning questions about this secret Soviet era genetic research project – and how it ties into the events of the present.
Alongside all of the above, there will be 2 new dungeons with Nightmare modes: The Ankh and Hell Fallen. Increased challenges, increased rewards, and a chance to test new builds, new synergies and to put your team to the test against some of the toughest and fiercest challenges in The Secret World.
The cross-dimensional Marketplace will allow players to sell, trade and ship items to other players, regardless of where they’re playing. The Marketplace will be an integral part of The Secret World’s growing economy, giving players more flexibility when it comes to how they equip their characters, and how they procure PAX.
The Secret World issue #1: ‘Unleashed’ is set to go live on July 31st and will be free to all players to enjoy
the secret world issues