I blame Robot Entertainment for the lack of friendship between Humans and Orcs. The original Orcs Must Die perpetuated the war, now Orcs Must Die 2 will further it more with a new classic mode.
Robot Entertainment has just announced that 10 maps from the original Orcs Must Die will be added into the sequel in a new co-op mode called “Classic Mode”. Not only can you go back through the original game and play co-op, but there will also be a bunch of new traps, spells, weapons, and trinkets. If you already own the original Orcs Must Die! on Steam then you will automatically unlock the 10 new exclusive levels for free in Orcs Must Die! 2. If it sounds like your kind of thing then you can pick up the original for 50% off on Steam during the sale. For a full list of of games on the Steam Summer Sale 2012 and Amazons Summer Sale you can read up about that on our daily post.
The story line for Orcs Must Die! 2 begins a few days after the ending of the original game. With the rifts closed and the magical Order dead, the War Mage finds himself suddenly thrust into a new battle against the mindless orc mob. He has a powerful, if questionable, new companion in the Sorceress, an ex-War Mage responsible for the destruction of the Order. Orcs Must Die! 2 will be available on Steam on July 30th, 2012.
Orcs Must Die! 2 Key Features:
- Co-Op! – Play as the War Mage, the headstrong hero who charges into danger, or play as the more strategic Sorceress who keeps the mob at bay with mind-control and magic.
- Story-based Campaign – Pick up where the original game left off with a brand new story-based campaign that you can play in Single-Player or Co-Op!
- Endless Mode – Play alone or join a friend to put your skills to the test against endless waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Classic Mode – Steam players who own the original Orcs Must Die! will automatically unlock co-op versions of 10 fan-favorite levels from the original game featuring new enemies!
- Over 20 Deadly Enemies – Face a n army of vile new creatures like Earth Elementals, Trolls, and Bile Bats. And they’ve brought all of your favorite trap-fodder from the original Orcs Must Die! along with them!
- More than 50 Traps, Weapons, and Guardians – Choose from an enormous armory of new and classic defenses, including an all new assortment of magical trinkets.
- Massive Upgrade System – With more than 225 persistent trap and weapon upgrades to unlock, you can build an arsenal perfectly suited to your slaying style.