I just came across Nuclear Dawn and it looks like it could be very interesting indeed, it seems to mix the two of the game styles we love here, First Person Shooter with elements of RTS thrown in for good measure, and its based off of the source engine. 3 out of 3 ticks so far.
Nuclear Dawn claims that their game is a full FPS and RTS game within a single gameplay model, without crippling or diluting either side of the game. As a soldier you explore war-torn post-apocalyptic landscapes, modeled on modern cities, and take the fight to your enemies as armoured, assault or stealth infantry, using various weapons across ten levels. What caught my eye was the ability to play as a commander. It reminded me of the mixed action of Battlefield where you can go first person or head into commander mode and assist your team that way. But this also has resources, so its definitely got its differences. There are also technology trees so you can research and implement new technologies to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield.
- Two factions: The Empire and the Consortium have completely separate base-building paradigms.
- RTS commander: Produce structures, research advanced technologies, unleash devastating strikes on the enemy, and lead your team to victory as a RTS commander.
- Four classes: Each faction has four classes with various kit load outs, totaling over three dozen weapons.
- Squad up: Squad-based 32 player full warfare battle mode.
- Six maps: Travel across the largest, most detailed maps built in Source multiplayer to date.
- Advanced Weaponry: As a commander, judiciously dispense healing to your troops, and death to their enemies, by managing your advanced abilities.
- Stats and Unlocks: 60 ranks, 12 unlocks for each weapon, achievements, gizmos and more.
- SDK: Nuclear Dawn Software Development Kit will be available for the community to be able to create custom maps, etc.
- Source Powered: Based on the L4D2 engine and modified to bring you the ultimate online battle experience.
- Steam Powered: Available for both Mac and PC through Steamplay with Steam Cloud support.
- Two Factions: The two factions that formed after WW III are the Consortium and the Empire. Both wield an arsenal of deadly advanced warfare technologies, and use them relentlessly to take control of the last, precious resources the world has to offer.
- Four classes: Each faction’s army provides a choice of four classes. On entering the game, by using an armoury, or while waiting to re-spawn, you have the opportunity to choose and change your desired class, or weapons load-out.
- Steam Cloud to save your options and preferences, to have them just the way you like from any computer and reinstall.
- Steamworks to power achievements, ranks, progression, account unlocks and community features on your Steam profile, because bragging is good for the soul.
- Social Gaming and full contact browser integration allow you to find your friends and join their games without having to deal with server names or IPs. Chat, or just plain talk, with your team mates in between games, or across several servers – the more the merrier!
- Cross Platform Support. With the Steam Play upgrades to the Source platform, you will be able to play Nuclear Dawn on both the Mac and PC, to play against users from both worlds, and to access both versions of the game from a single purchase.
The game is scheduled to be out later this month and it looks like one to keep an eye on.
2011 games pc,game pc,pc fps games,games pc shooter,shooter games pc,pc shooter games,RTS building games,pc games fps,shooter games for pc,games pc shooter 2011