Mustardy wrote:That's good to hear.
So how's this secret imam thing going to work out? when should i check back on this thread
This is what i've heard: s0ndosodn0s
is going to create a new 'official thread' for the secret imam. The whole thing is going to be on an opt-in basis (don't expect a gift or even expect to give one if you don't opt-in). Then s0ndosodn0s
is going to enter all of our names into a website that specialises in secret santa/secret imam which will randomly assign us someone for whom we give a gift too. Everyone goes on the site to find out who are partner is, on the site there is a function where you can enter A shipping address: if this is left blank then everyone will assume that for some reason or other you would live a digital gift as opposed to something tangible.
- The gifts should cost around $20 USD which equates to around £12.80, this is the recommended price so that everyone knows what to how much they should roughly spend, this price should include p&p so if your paired with someone half way around the world then you may want to buy a cheaper gift unless you don't mind footing the extra cost.
Gifts should be sent out so that they are recieved sometime remotely close to Eid day (if you're sending something abroad then we will cut you some slack).
It would be great if everyone that committed to the event actually fully participates so that everyone gives and recieves a gift, I know its all about giving but who here wants to be the only person who participated but didn't get anything?
Rules on gifting:
- No foodstuffs (hygiene and legal reasons)
- Nothing that may be found offensive (games with low halalability ratings etc.)
- Doesn't have to be gaming related
- Must be working/reasonable quality
There aren't really anymore rules that i know of but im sure s0ndosodn0s
will fill in the gaps.