Impure stuff (see above for the total list) MUST be washed off, even if invisible. Stains remaining after washing can be ignored. If inpurity is invisible, washing oly 1 time is necessary, otherwise it is necessary to wash until it is gone or has stained. WOMENS DRESSES: anything that trails along the ground is pure. even if the dress trails along an impure substance and gets dirty, the dirt that it trails over afterwards purifies it.
Solid impurities. take them out of said area.
Liquid impurities, once it dries, it is pure.
else: pour water over it, and that will also purify it.
food and stuff
if impure substances, or animals, or something touches food, and it is solid or semi-solid (like butter), then you must remove whatever the impurity touched, and the rest remains pure.
The skin of dead animals
tanning it = purifying it
mirrors and other shiny things
whipe them, and remove anything that is impure.
Impurities on shoes may simply be rubbed off into the ground. Because shoes are repeatedly exposed to impurities, they only need to rubbed on the ground and the dust and dirt therof will purify the shoes. you may then pray in said shoes. ** Abrars note: Awesome, next time we have Eid sallah outside, I can pray in my shoes :D
Other usefull points
- Ropes used to hand impure clothes may be used later for pure clothes as well.
- If a liquid falls on a person, and it is unknown whether it was pure or impure, then it should be assumed pure regardless of the reality. If someone asks if it IS pure, then the one who is asked does not have to answer even if he/she knows it was impure. As long as the first person doesn't KNOW it is impure, it should be treated as pure, and washing is not necessary.
- If someone finds something moist on his body or clothes at night, and he does not know what it is, he need not smell it and discover what it might be. If you DO discover what it is, then it must be treated as whatever it is, otherwise purity is assumed.
- mud from the street is pure and need not be washed.
- If you finish prayer, and find some impurity that you forgot existed, didn't exist before, didn't notice before, or could not get rid of, then your prayer is valid and does not need to be repeated.
- if you don't know what part of your clothes contains impurity, but you know its there somwhere, you gotta wash the whole garment.
- if you mix impure and pure cloths, you should try to find out which is pure and use it to pray and such. Does not matter what the proportion to pure and impure clothes is.** ABrar Note: (this is similair to the Qiblah cases, where exact knowledge is not requirred and guessing is somwhat allowed.)