So I talked about Take on Helicopters, which was awesome. I also played the GTR evolution demo, and that was just fantastic! It takes practise to get the curves right, but when you master the track (which is the only track in the demo ) you get this amazing sense of accomplishment. Very similar to how you feel when you play Gran Turismo.
The only thing I think would be different is the amount of cars and modifications available for each car that gives Gran Turismo an edge. Although, I'm not sure if this is the case or if the demo just doesn't give you the full picture. In the demo, you drive some pretty sweet looking super cars; nothing I can recognize. Yet, in Gran Turismo you get this gigantic array of models and makes. You could most likely drive your actual, irl, car! Unless you drive something like a Lada.
When I was looking online for a GT equivalent for the PC, there was a lot of talk about a game coming out soon called Project C.A.R.S, so I thought I'd peek into youtube and check out the gameplay, graphics, etc, etc. I WAS DAZZLED.
This is what the makers (Slightly Mad Studios) said about it:
THE ULIMATE DRIVER JOURNEY...
- FRANCHISE MODE allows you to carve out a personalized career starting in the Karting world and then progressing on to whichever motorsport specialization you prefer including Rally, Touring Cars, Open-Wheel, GT, Le Mans, and many more!
- Play CO-OP with a friend as Driver/Co-Driver
- FULL TEAM MANAGEMENT... Have a large number of friends? Create, manage, and compete together!
- Experience the excitement of PIT STOPS like you've never seen before!
- Revolutionary PIT-2-CAR RADIO gives you the strategic advantage
- DYNAMIC Time Of Day & Localized Weather make every race unique and challenging
- 10+ GAME MODES covering every form of motorsport
- CLOUD-BASED SOCIAL NETWORK allows you to connect with friends, compare times & scores, compete and challenge each other, and share content
- USER-GENERATED CONTENT - Create your own liveries, decals, tuning setups, and even events! Then share them with the world - either for free, in-game credits or even real money!
- PUSHING TO THE LIMITS - Advanced physics, lighting, and AI
Watch on youtube.com
Looks like it will be a great racing sim, maybe even better than GT!